Yoga, Hiking and Safari in Namibia
Adventure Nature & Yoga with Yoga Natura and African Bikers
The national parks and wildlife reserves with its variety as well as its unique landscape and vegetation makes Namibia a popular country. Endless horizons, clear skies, Africa's awesome colours and game; lions, elephants, giraffes, leopards, cheetahs, rhinos and smaller wild animals... paradise for nature for nature lovers! Observe animals, deeply inhale and exhale, hike, relax and laugh. Let your gaze wander wide and dive into silence. Experience and enjoy Yoga & Nature.
October 9-20, 2017
The country of Namibia lies in southern Africa at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean and is surrounded by Angola, Botswana, Zambia and South Africa. It is the second least populated country of the world. Based on its unique topography and its rich fauna, it is one of the most frequently visited countries of the African continent. It has a Mediterranean and subtropical climate, with pleasant average daytime temperatures around 25 degrees Celsius and around 15 degrees Celsius over night in September.
- Early bird special through April 9, 2017 is 2470 Euro
- Regular bookings as of April 10, 2017 is 2610 Euro
- Rates are per person for Yoga classes and the Hiking Safari, including 11 nights accommodation on a twin sharing basis (single accommodation surcharge 150 Euro), transports with an air-conditioned minibus, qualified tour guide from African Bikers, meals as mentioned in the tour schedule, all entrance fees for sightseeing program, porter fees.
- Maximum 12 participants
- In case of less than 9 participants, prices increase by 100 Euro per person
- In case of more than 10 participants, prices decrease by 100 Euro per person
We practice Yoga once per day, each session (of approximately 90 to 120 minutes). We adapt the yoga program to the excursions and accommodations. After longer drives or hikes we focus on stretching yoga exercises, to move and relax our bodies. Other days we start the day with invigorating breathing exercises and strengthening body postures. Yoga Beginners are also welcome.
Hiking & Safari
We start with a foot safari with the indigenous people in the Kalahari. We hike through the Namib Desert, the oldest desert in the world, and sleep under the spectacular starry sky. Desolate roads lead us to the highest sand dunes in the world which are found in Sossusvlei. A short walk in the Kuiseb Canyon and a halt at the pelicans and flamingos. Continue to the coastal town of Swakopmund. Hike at the Spitzkoppe. Hike in the Erongo Mountains to Bull's Party. Unique safari in the Hoanib Valley (Desert Elephants!). Nothing but Safari in the Etosha Pan. (More details in the travel itinerary.)
Yoga Instructor Sandra Bicker
Sandra is a certified Yoga Instructor. She has studied and practiced Yoga since 2002 and continues to deepen her knowledge and understanding in a variety of Yoga and Yoga Therapy styles through ongoing trainings and workshops. Her classes include Pranayama (breathing techniques), classical Hatha Yoga Asanas (body postures), therapeutic sequences and deep relaxation. Her approach to teaching is mindful, loving, and focused throughout - the intensity of the class is crafted to match the class and location needs (sometimes more dynamic, sometimes more relaxing). She leads Yoga Workshops and Vacations at several unique places immersed in the beautiful nature around the world (e.g. Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Bali).
During our tour we are accommodated in different types of 3* accommodation (with shower & toilet); in Lodges (some with pool); guesthouses with a cozy family atmosphere; and during our hike in the Namib Desert we will sleep two nights on comfortable camp beds under the clear starry skies of the desert. Transports are with an air-conditioned minibus and for some safaris in 4x4 vehicles.
The Namibian cuisine is a fusion of delights and due to all the different influences from Europe and from African tribes, it is very diverse.
Planning Your Arrival and Departure
- Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements to Windhoek - Hosea Kutako airport (WDH). African Bikers is happy to help you with your travel preparation.
- We recommend that participants acquire travel cancellation insurance and international health insurance.
- For nationals of many countries only a valid passport is required when travelling as a tourist to Namibia, for a maximum period of 90 days within one calendar year (1 Jan - 31 Dec), like e.g. Germany, Switzerland, Austria, The Netherlands, Spain, Italy, France.
- Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after date of entry with at least one blank page and an onward/return ticket is also required
- Our tour starts on October 9, 2017 in Windhoek. As we want to leave in time to our lodge in the Kalahari, the arrival should be either until 10 a.m. or the day before.
- Departure will be on October 20, 2017 from Windhoek.