Develop Mind-Body Awareness in Bali, Indonesia
Lush rice terraces, amazing trees, striking volcanic landscapes, the sounds of nature and magical temple dances. Welcome to the tropical paradise of Bali!
Bali's unique character has always fascinated its visitors. The particular energy of this little Island of the Gods, the lush vegetation, countless shrines, rich handicrafts, combined with the warm-heartedness and even temper of the Balinese are legendary. Spectacular wellness spas, tropical enclosures, holistic healing methods and artists from around the world make the volcanic isle one of the most popular destinations for Yoga and inspirational journeys, art workshops and healing methods. Enjoy Bali's fascinating nature and energy, practice Mindful Yoga & develop a deeper Mind-Body Awareness. ... and experience a new Vitality and a lasting Relaxation!
November 11-21, 2017
Seraya Shores & Bali Eco Stay
Amlapura & Tabanan, Bali, Indonesia
- Early bird special through Sept. 30, 2017 is 1099 Euro
- Regular bookings as of Oct. 1, 2017 is 1179 Euro
- Prices are per person for Yoga classes, meditative exercises, accommodation in a double room (surcharge for single occupancy, available upon request), including full board with vegetarian food, tea/coffee and water
- Maximum 12 participants
In the mornings and evenings, we practice Yoga for about 90 to 120 min. Sessions include Pranayama (breathing techniques), classical Hatha Yoga asanas, sun salutations and other dynamic movements with synchronized breathing, and deep relaxation. The complimentary singing with harmonium accompaniment and/or just the sound of the ocean facilitates a deeper involvement and feeling of the asanas. Some Yoga experience is preferred.
Yoga Instructor Sandra Bicker
Sandra is a certified Yoga Instructor with 720 hours of teacher training. She has studied and practiced Yoga since 2002 and continues to deepen her knowledge and understanding in a variety of Yoga and Yoga Therapy styles through ongoing trainings and workshops. Her classes include Pranayama (breathing techniques), classical Hatha Yoga Asanas (body postures), therapeutic sequences and deep relaxation. Sandra’s approach to teaching is mindful, loving, and focused throughout - the intensity of the class is crafted to match the class and location needs (sometimes more dynamic, sometimes more relaxing). Sandra has taken vocal training in Germany and India and often sings and plays harmonium when she leads Yoga retreats in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Our Yoga Retreat begins on November 11 at Seraya Shores, a boutique beachside resort in East Bali. Nestled on the shores of the Lombok Straits with its own private coastline bay, you will stay in one of the seven private villas built with natural carved timbers and thatched grass roofs, with spacious decks to relax in. We will be pampered with a rich variety of vegetarian dishes inspired by Indonesian cuisine. Asides from all the comfort of a beach resort, Seraya offers one of the best views in Bali for a yoga practice at its outdoor yoga space, with coconut timber flooring under the shaded alang-alang grass roofs. With the accompaniment of the gentle waves on the shore, no music is necessary for a beautiful and inspiring practice here.
On the 16th of November, we will move to Bali Eco Stay, a small boutique mountain resort with 8 uniquely designed Balinese bungalows and pondoks, each with a distinctively different character. The resort is situated on the southern slopes of Mount Batukaru, north Tabanan, central Bali. The resort is hidden in a remote valley with views to the ocean south of Bali, surrounded by stunning organic rice fields, mountain fed streams and cascading waterfalls. This beautiful Eco Lodge has its own private waterfall on site! We will be pampered with freshly farmed and prepared vegetarian Balinese cuisine and pure volcanic spring water.
We will be pampered with delicious healthy food for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
In addition to the intensive yoga practice, there will be enough time to explore Bali’s nature & culture: trekking in the rice fields, chocolate groves, coffee plantations, etc.; visiting the Tirta Gangga Palace, Batukaru Temple or taking a jukung (a traditional Indonesian fishing boat) to the White Sand Beach (Candidasa). Or if you simply wish to relax, you might indulge yourself with a Balinese Massage, read a book or just enjoy the beautiful views of the rice paddies (at Bali Eco Stay) or the ocean (at Seraya).
- Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements to Denpasar Airport (DPS), Bali. We can help arrange direct transfer to Seraya Shores. The drive from the airport to the resort takes about 2 to 2.5 hours and costs about 30 Euro
- We recommend that participants acquire travel cancellation insurance
- Passports must be valid for 6 months beyond the date of departure from Bali. Majority of countries receive a free 4-week visa upon arrival (you are responsible to check for latest updates)
- Room occupation at Seraya begins upon arrival on Saturday, November 11. We will meet in the late afternoon/ evening for welcoming introductions as well as a first (soft) yoga session.
- We will depart from Bali Eco Stay on Tuesday, November 21