Yoga & Diving Cruise, Indonesia
Sailing a Phinisi schooner through the stunning waters of Indonesia is an amazing, romantic, adventurous and unique experience. Exploring this incredible underwater world with the
SMY Ondina and combining it with Yoga just makes it unforgettable and relaxing. Inhale the sea-salt air. Exhale. Enjoy the silence. Consciously observe the body and breath. Develop mindfulness. Swim in crystal clear turquoise water. Relax & laugh. Dive into Yoga!
New dates coming soon!
Raja Ampat, or the Four Kings, is an archipelago comprising over 1.500 stunningly beautiful islands surrounding the four main islands of Misool, Salawati, Batanta and Waigeo. It is part of the so-called Coral Triangle and contains the richest marine biodiversity on earth. It is located in West Papua, the easternmost province of Indonesia. The climate is tropical with temperatures ranging from 25 to 32 degrees Celsius during the dry season, which spans from October through April).
- Early bird special through 31/07/2016 is 2705 Euro
- Regular bookings as of 01/08/2016 are 2785 Euro
- Rates are per person for Yoga classes, meditative exercises, accommodation in a shared cabin, including full board with vegetarian food, tea & coffee and snacks & fruit.
- Maximum 15 participants.
- Additionally each passenger will need to pay 200 Euro for diving permits, harbour fees and fuel surcharge.
- Any costs related to diving will be payed directly to SMY Ondina either by money transfer or cash onboard.
Yoga Instructor Sandra Bicker
Sandra is a certified Yoga Instructor. She has studied and practiced Yoga since 2002 and continues to deepen her knowledge and understanding in a variety of Yoga and Yoga Therapy styles through ongoing trainings and workshops. Her classes include Pranayama (breathing techniques), classical Hatha Yoga Asanas (body postures), therapeutic sequences and deep relaxation. Her approach to teaching is mindful, loving, and focused throughout - the intensity of the class is crafted to match the class and location needs (sometimes more dynamic, sometimes more relaxing). She leads Yoga Workshops and Vacations at several unique places immersed in the beautiful nature around the world (e.g. Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Bali).
We stay aboard the Sailing Motor Yacht (SMY) Ondina, a beautiful, comfortable and traditional Indonesian two-masted sailing ship. It features 8 comfortable cabins, all with ensuite freshwater shower, hand basin, toilet and A/C. There is a generous dive deck for 16 divers with equipment and additional space for underwater photography equipment. The SMY Ondina was designed by divers for divers.
The optional integration of diving into the yoga vacations offers participants the opportunity to realize even more the meditative stillness of diving. The breathing is calm and smooth due to the practice of breathing techniques (Pranayama). Non-divers can go snorkeling and/or simply admire the stunning views and relax. Just below the surface of the water, you will find some of the most pristine and untouched coral reef in the world.
- Dive pack 1: 2 dives/day for 9 days is 320 Euro per person
- Dive pack 2: 3 dives/day for 9 days is 400 Euro per person
We'll be pampered with three excellent vegetarian meals (fish upon request). Moreover water, tea & coffee and snacks & fruits are always available.
Planning Your Arrival and Departure
- Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements to Sorong (SOQ) at West Papua, Indonesia. Possible flight connections are Jakarta-Makassar-Sorong or Singapore-Manado-Sorong. For further information about flights you can get in contact with SMY Ondina.
- We recommend that participants acquire travel cancellation insurance.
- Passports must be valid for 6 months beyond the date of departure from Indonesia. Majority of countries receive a free 4-week visa upon arrival (please check online for latest updates). Embarking in Sorong (West Papua) on the morning of Sunday, January 8. All participants must take flights arriving before noon (12:00 p.m.) so that the cruise can start in time.
- We will meet for welcoming introductions, incl. information about the schedule and diving/snorkeling.
- Disembarking in Sorong (West Papua) on the morning of Tuesday, Jan. 17, latest at 12:00 p.m.