Yoga & Kitesurfing in Sri Lanka
with Sandra Bicker and Elements Watersports
Situated at one of the best kitesurfing spots in Sri Lanka, between the warm Indian Ocean and a flat water lagoon system on the west coast of Kalpitiya, the Elements Resort is the dream location to practice Yoga & Kitesurfing. Elements Resort is one of the windiest places on earth, home of dolphins & whales and featuring pristine nature and stunning sunsets. It is a place to enjoy the elements and live your passion for watersports with respect for our surroundings. Deeply inhale and exhale. Relax and laugh. Swim in the ocean. Watch dolphins. Experience and enjoy Yoga and Nature!
New dates coming soon!
Elements Watersports & Nature Resort in Kalpitiya Sri Lanka
Book up to October 31, 2016 for Early Bird rates.
That’s a savings of 50 euro! Regular rates begin on November 1, 2016.
Early Birds also receive a 10% discount on Kite rental and lessons!
- 719 early bird - 769 regular for double occupancy in Cabana
- 759 early bird - 809 regular for single occupancy in Cabana
- 799 early bird - 849 regular for triple occupancy in Villa
- 839 early bird - 889 regular for double occupancy in Villa
All prices quoted are euro per person.
Max. 12 participants.
- Yoga classes
- Meditative exercises
- Accommodation in a Villa or Cabana
- Full vegetarian board and tea/coffee
- Also includes 10% service charge and 11% tax
Yoga Instructor Sandra Bicker
Sandra is a certified Yoga Instructor. She has studied and practiced Yoga since 2002 and continues to deepen her knowledge and understanding in a variety of Yoga and Yoga Therapy styles through ongoing trainings and workshops. Her classes include Pranayama (breathing techniques), classical Hatha Yoga Asanas (body postures), therapeutic sequences and deep relaxation. Sandra’s approach to teaching is mindful, loving, and focused throughout - the intensity of the class is crafted to match the class and location needs (sometimes more dynamic, sometimes more relaxing). She leads Yoga Workshops and Vacations at several unique places immersed in the beautiful nature around the world (e.g. Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Greece, Madagascar, Bali, India).
In the mornings and/or evenings we practice Yoga for about 90 to 120 min. Sessions include Pranayama (breathing techniques), classical Hatha Yoga asanas (body postures), dynamic movements with synchronized breathing, and deep relaxation. Sandra's approach to teaching is mindful, loving, and focused throughout - the intensity of the classes are crafted to match the group and location needs..
Accommodation and Meals
We'll stay at the beautiful Elements Watersports & Nature Resort. All Villas are spacious with a king size or two single size beds, a large veranda and lounge overlooking the lagoon, an attic floor with two additional beds and a large open bathroom with an outdoor shower. The Cabanas are a bit more basic huts with an upper floor bed room, a small lounge area on the ground floor and an attached bathroom with toilet and open shower area. We'll be pampered with tasty healthy vegetarian food - breakfast buffet, light lunch buffet and a rich dinner buffet (incl. dessert).
The Kappalady Lagoon is famous for its waist deep warm flat water lagoon, its wide sandbanks and consistent winds which pick up in the afternoons. Advanced riders enjoy the endless space on the ocean or join on of the epic down-winders and ride all the way into the sunset.
- Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements to Colombo Airport (CMB), Sri Lanka. Room occupation at Elements Resort begins upon arrival on February 11. We will meet in the late afternoon/early evening for welcoming introductions as well as a first (soft) yoga session. We will depart from Elements Resort on Sunday, February 19.
- The drive from the airport to the resort takes about 2.5 to 3 hours and can be organized through Elements (cost per Van 84 euro + 10% service charge).
- All watersport activities are booked and paid at Elements Resorts upon arrival.
- We recommend that participants acquire travel cancellation insurance.
- Tourists must have Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for entering Sri Lanka. Visa fees for 30 days are $30US (as of 08/15). Passports must be valid for 6 months beyond the date of departure from Sri Lanka.