Sweetyoga Retreats in the Heart of Portugal
The purpose of Justine’s retreats is so you can recharge yourself in a relaxed setting. Take time out for self care and mindfully, through yoga get back to your true self. There are two venues to choose from both in the heart of Central Portugal. The locations have been carefully selected because they are side-by-side with nature without sacrificing your comfort. The morning yoga is an energising hatha vinyasa flow practice and the afternoon a fusion of gentle yoga with restorative relaxation techniques all therapeutically applied. There is something for everyone and all abilities plus a picnic sightseeing day out midweek. The retreat is built around six people and a handful of summer dates so you will get all the attention you want and all the space you need. Blue skies, sun and mountain vistas provide a spectacular backdrop.
Choose from two venues located in the heart of Central Portugal: Quinta Vale Porcacho in Póvoa de Midões or Casa das Videiras in Carapinhal.
Dates and Rates
Quinta Vale Porcacho rate is £749 per person all inclusive.
Casa das Videiras rate is £585 per person all inclusive.
- Round trip airport-to-venue transfers from Lisbon airport
- Full-board accommodation with your own room, no sharing, no supplements
- Bathroom toiletries so you can fly with just a cabin bag if you want
- Vegetarian breakfast, lunch and evening meals freshly prepared, locally sourced
- Yoga twice daily with a pace set just right for the group (newcomers to experienced)
- Relaxation time in a peaceful environment with pool, sun loungers, easy nature walks
- Day trip with a picnic and wild swimming for the adventurous
- Sweetyoga gift bag
- Quality yoga mats, bolsters, blankets, blocks and belts
- Yogi & Pukka teas, coffee & water
Justine the founder of Sweetyoga, has 11 years experience teaching yoga. Her studied knowledge can introduce you to the new or take you deeper into the familiar. She is a professionally qualified British Wheel of Yoga & Yoga Alliance registered teacher originally trained through the prestigious Yogacampus in London. Her own personal development continues with world renowned teachers such as Judith Lasater and Rod Stryker. She works with a biomechanical osteopath and an experienced therapeutic masseur to look beyond the original texts to apply a modern approach to her yoga.
Quinta Vale Porcacho is a luxury vineyard farm with spacious en-suite rooms all with spectacular views to the Caramulo mountains. Each generous room is single occupancy - no sharing. There is a fabulous natural infinity pool comfortable social spaces for a fresh juice or an evening glass of wine. The Quinta is set in a landscape of the materials it is built from, brought to modern levels of comfort and its balance with the land makes a beautiful fit for our yoga retreat.
Casa das Videiras is a classic Portuguese colonial house, tastefully updated keeping the old world charm. Each room is for single occupancy - no sharing. There is an atmospheric cobbled courtyard, pool, sun terrace and small private bar. The house is in a village on a hillside setting with lush landscape all around. Relax in the garden terrace overlooking a tree-filled valley or in a hammock amongst the olives.
- Free Wifi
- Fresh linen and towels
- Outdoor/indoor shaded yoga practice space
- Yoga mats, blocks, bolsters, bricks, blankets and straps
- Swimming pool with loungers
- Bar facilities for a juice or glass of wine
- Olive tree hammocks
- Nature walks
We have developed a vegetarian menu so you can try local produce whilst taking advantage of the summer abundance. Our menu has been tested and honed in the Sweetyoga kitchen and you can expect flavours from North Africa and Asia. Everything is nutritious, lots of vegetables and fruit but if you like the odd slice of cake you can have that too! Help yourself at breakfast to yoghurts, stewed fruits quite often from Justine’s garden, local breads, honey and homemade jams/marmalades. We provide you with branded herbal teas such as Pukka and Yogi Teas. Our lunches are fresh salads with quiches, avocado with coriander, requeijao with chives and delicious light sweetcorn fritters. The evening meals are tasty curries, moussaka, baked mushrooms accompanied by houmous, couscous, rice and salads. All the food is wholesome, delicious and nutritious.
- Remedial massage using the Hydrotherm System
- Ayurvedic cosmetic products
- Yoga products and gift cards
- Flights to and from Lisbon
- Appropriate travel insurance