Vale de Moses Yoga Retreat
Yoga, Massage and Acupuncture in the Portuguese mountains.
You are invited to spend a week on this stunning retreat in the heart of the forests and mountains of central Portugal. Practice yoga every day in a sun filled shala floating over the kitchen gardens with beautiful views along the valleys. A health consultation, massage and acupuncture treatment is included, and there are natural pools in 2 rivers to relax in. Delicious and nutritious meals are served 3 times a day. Fly into Lisbon or Porto any weekend between March and October before heading up to Oleiros in the mountains on Sunday afternoon, where you will be picked up by car.
Retreats run every week, Sundays to Saturdays, from March until the end of October.
Nestled in the foothills of the Serra de Estrela mountains, a half mile beneath the picturesque village of Amieira. Google Maps
700€ per couple or two friends sharing a private room
750€ for a place in a stone cottage
850€ for single occupancy private room, tipi or Soulpad
- All food, accommodation and facilities
- Transport to and from Oleiros
- Guided silent morning walks in the forest
- 6 two hour morning Yoga classes and 3 afternoon workshops
- Half hour private health consultation with Tongue and Pulse Diagnosis
- One hour Body Harmonising massage - Thai, Tui Na, Indonesian, Ayurvedic and/or Acupuncture
- A mid week trip to the Rio Zêzere for a mud bath and swim
The teachers at Vale de Moses trustfully impart their experience of yoga, as personal practitioners and as students. They employ the teachings of many styles, sharing their treasured love of this ancient practice in an earthy, simple, kindly and compassionate manner. Morning classes are often flowing and energetic, inspired by Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow and Dynamic Hatha Yoga, setting us up nicely for a day of therapies, sun bathing and exploring. Sultry afternoon classes of Yin Yoga, focused asana exploration, playful unintimidating partner or Acro Yoga and some quiet contemplation. Together we artfully cultivate a love of personally empowered practice and sow seeds of self understanding so we can move more gracefully into a state of integration, wholeness and ultimately, relaxation.
You can choose to stay in traditionally restored stone Xisto cottages either in a private or shared space, 3 delightful Soulpads or a large handmade tipi. All options have comfortable wooden beds, cotton sheets and towels, electricity and lights, with bathroom facilities close by.
- Natural River Pools
- Treatment rooms
- Library with grand piano and Wi-Fi
- Indoor bathrooms and outdoor showers
- Family kitchen and courtyard dining
- Hikes and trails through the surrounding uninhabited forests
- Climbing and Cycling expeditions available
Food for the body, the spirit and the soul - we make tasty, nutritious and nourishing meals largely from fresh vegetables and fruit available from our own or our neighbours' gardens during the season and from our favourite local greengrocers in Oleiros. We provide homely meals rich in pulses, grains and fresh vegetables, low in salt and high in fresh herbs. Honey from local wild bees is preferred over sugar.
We are well versed in cooking vegan meals and are more than happy to provide for those who have specific dietary requirements.
- Additional massage and acupuncture treatments – 75€ per 90 minute session
- Private 1 to 1 yoga instruction – 50€ an hour
- Nutritional Workshops in Macrobiotic and/or Ayurveda – 10€ per person
- Climbing and Cycling expeditions – from 50€ per person, equipment and transport included