Yoga Holidays Portugal
Yoga is about union or connection. At this retreat, you will have the time and space to reflect on the quality of connection in your life. On a grand scale this can be interpreted as union with the divine - the highest goal of yoga, “enlightenment'”. Perhaps more importantly Yoga gives us the tools to work on our connection with the earth, the world we live in, our family and friends, finding our place, our career, our purpose in life. The physical practice of asana and pranayama help to develop health and calm in the body and mind, creating a suitable foundation for the practice of meditation.
May - November
Ribeira Relvas, Madeira, Oleiros, Castelo Branco, Portugal
550 euro per person
- 2 yoga classes per day
- Romantic yurt accommodation
- 3 tasty meals per day
- Herbal teas, coffee and fruit throughout the day
- Local swimming in reservoir (15minutes walk)
- Wood fired hot tub & bonfire at the end of the week
- Sustainable, environmentally responsible retreat centre
- Forest walks
We host a variety of yoga retreats each year, including vinyasa flow yoga, mindfulness meditation, chakra dancing dynamic meditation, hatha yoga and yin yoga. We also offer private and small group retreats, pregnancy and post-natal yoga retreats.
Accommodation is in one of our beautiful yurts. We have two shared yurts for three, and two smaller yurts for either two singles or a double. We have two bathrooms and toilets for guests, which feature either solar or wood heated water, and eco-composting toilets. All our facilities are built from wood from our own land, including the yurts.
- Both single and double options (all bedding & bath towels provided)
- Private yurt accommodation option available
- Shaded outdoor yoga platform
- Wi-fi available
- Tea and coffee making facilities provided
- All yoga equipment provided
- Transfer from local bus station included
All our food is prepared from scratch using vegetables from our organic garden, locally sourced vegetables and whole food ingredients. Breakfast is self service with seasonal fruits, a selection of cereals and toasted sourdough and local corn bread, accompanied by homemade jam or marmalade. A selection of tea (green, black and herbal) and coffee is available throughout the day. Lunches are fresh garden salads, grain salads, falafel or Spanish omelette and usually served with a variety of raw dips, nut pates, or hoummus. Evening meals include a variety of curries with biryani rice or coconut rice, vegetable noodles with stir-fried tofu & vegetables, moussaka and salad, spiced potatos with honey aubergine & couscous.
- Forest walks
- Wild swimming
- Visit to the local village
- Massage treatment
- Relaxing time in shady hammocks
- Private yoga classes
- Learning about off-grid sustain living
- Massage treatments
- Airport transfer
- Return journey to bus station