Yoga & Horse Riding in Tuscany, Italy
Fascination Nature & Yoga with Sandra Bicker and Vallebona
In the midst of typical Tuscany countryside surrounded by olive groves, vineyards, woods and ancient farms and castles, Vallebona is a dreamlike location to enjoy Yoga & Horse-Riding. In its relaxed, familiar atmosphere, the old stone farmhouse of Vallebona offers its guests peace, beautiful natural surroundings, typical local cuisine and unforgettable riding. Feel yourself. Feel your horse. Deeply inhale and exhale. Relax and laugh. Experience and enjoy Yoga, Horse-Riding & Bella Italia!
Dates and Rates
May 12-May 19, 2018 - Low Season
- Double room for 2 people is 990 euro, early bird rate 940 euro thru Jan. 31, 2018
- Shared room for 3 participants is 935 euro, early bird rate 885 euro thru Jan 31, 2018
- Surcharge for single accommodation 180 Euro
September 15 to 22, 2017 - High Season
- Double room for 2 people is 1010 euro, early bird rate 960 euro thru Jan. 31, 2018
- Shared room for 3 participants is 955 euro, early bird rate 905 euro thru Jan. 31, 2018
- Surcharge for single accommodation 180 Euro
- Yoga classes, meditative exercises and 12 hours Horse-Riding, accommodation, including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rates are per person
- Maximum 12 participants
- Additional horse-riding can be booked on site
In the mornings and/or evenings (depending on our horse-riding schedule) we practice Yoga for about 90 min. - remaining mindful, loving and focused throughout. In the mornings, we start with vitalizing breathing techniques (Pranayama) and invigorating body postures (Asanas). After horse-riding, we unwind with gentle stretching postures, conscious breathing and deep relaxation. The complementary singing with harmonium accompaniment helps facilitate a deeper involvement and feeling of the asanas.
It is possible to ride both in the morning and afternoon, choosing between lessons and one to two hour rides out in the countryside. Lessons and rides are arranged according to the experience and preparation of the riders so that everybody can get the most out of the experience. (Detailed programs will be agreed before or onsite.) Our program will include one whole day on the horse - without Yoga and one day with Yoga in the morning and evening - without horse-riding.
Instructor Sandra Bicker
Sandra is a certified Yoga Instructor. She has studied and practiced Yoga since 2002 and continues to deepen her knowledge and understanding in a variety of Yoga and Yoga Therapy styles through ongoing trainings and workshops. Her classes include Pranayama (breathing techniques), classical Hatha Yoga Asanas (body postures), therapeutic sequences and deep relaxation. Her approach to teaching is mindful, loving, and focused throughout - the intensity of the class is crafted to match the class and location needs (sometimes more dynamic, sometimes more relaxing). She leads Yoga Workshops and Vacations at several unique places immersed in the beautiful nature around the world (e.g. Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Bali).
We'll stay at the beautiful Agriturismo Vallebona in a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The house originated from a watch tower which belonged to the Guidi Counts in the 11th Century and is situated only 20 km from Florence, near the town of Pontassieve. For over 20 years it has been run by expert horseman Franco Melis and is well known both in Italy and abroad for the quality of its horses and the experience of its guides. Vallebona has 35 horses of different breeds (Maremma, Quarter Horse, Sardinian Anglo-Arab), all of which have been trained or retrained following the principles of “natural horsemanship” to guarantee maximum physical and psychological condition and reliability. Accommodation is available in double or triple rooms. The rooms are light, spacious and airy, typical of old Tuscan farmhouses. Bathrooms are located on each floor, each one shared by two rooms.
We'll be pampered with tasty healthy vegetarian food - each meal balancing the different typical recipes and the seasonal genuine ingredients.
Planning Your Arrival and Departure
- Vallebona is located only 20 km outside Florence. It can be reached by train (nearest train station is Pontassieve, please check timetable www.trenitalia.com). Transfer to Vallebona on request. It is also possible to arrange transfer to/from Florence or Pisa airport. Please contact us for further details and recommendations.
- We recommend that participants acquire travel cancellation insurance.
- Room occupation at Vallebona begins upon arrival on Saturday. We will meet in the early evening for welcoming introductions. Departure on the following Saturday after breakfast.