Yoga Retreat in Umbria, Italy
With Yoga Alliance Senior Teacher Jim Tarran
'Heavenly', 'Magnificent', 'Paradise on Earth', and 'Simply superb!' are comments that come up time and time again for this outstanding retreat in Perugia. Locanda Del Gallo is a fabulously appointed, boutique country house retreat in the heart of Umbria, and it consistently gets stellar reviews. The chef here, Jimmy, is nothing short of a legend and cooks up organic food to tantalize and delight even the most discerning taste-buds. With the Moorish style spa (aromatic shower, steam bath and Jacuzzi spa), infinity pool and twice daily yoga with master yoga teacher Jim Tarran all included in the price of your retreat, you are guaranteed to return home restored, revived and enchanted!
Umbria is known as the “green heart of Italy” and you will understand why once you arrive at the villa and take in the unspoiled, surrounding views. Picture walls of stone aged by the centuries, fresh and cozy rooms filled with ancient and exotic furniture, gardens of manicured lawns and olive trees, a swimming pool kissed by sunlight and numerous paths running through woods and down to the stream in the valley below. The scent of lavender and rosemary fills the air as you stroll at leisure through the olive grove. Inhale the scent of roses and herbs or simply curl up with a book under the shade of the old elm tree. Enjoy aperitifs sipped on a verandah watching the setting sun, candle-lit dinners and calm nights under a star filled sky. The gardens hold many secret gems for you to discover and all around, and just beyond a crown of hills stand Umbria’s many cities of art, abundant in their treasures, their elegant shops and traditions.
October 4-11, 2014
Locanda Del Gallo, Umbria, Italy
- US$1350/£895 per person in a double or twin room with shared bath between two rooms
- US$1500£995/€1150 per person in a double or twin room with private bathroom
- Prices are based on 2 people sharing a twin/double
- A limited number of single supplements are available at a cost of £295 in a room with a shared bathroom or £395 in an ensuite room
- Non-yoga partners are welcome at a US$155/£100 discount
- 7 nights accommodation
- 3 fantastic meals per day and teas, coffee, water
- Moorish style spa with aromatic shower, steam bath and Jacuzzi spa
- All yoga tuition (twice daily except travel days and one morning off for you to explore)
Jim Tarran has been teaching yoga for over 20 years and is truly a master teacher. His individual attention and teaching expertise together with the outstanding natural beauty and meditative space of Locanda's 28 hectares of gardens and woodland is a combination that promises to empower and inspire you.
A beautifully restored 12th Century farmhouse, set amidst 28 acres of gardens, terraced lawn and woodlands. The Locanda sits atop the magnificent hills of Umbria’s unspoiled Italian countryside, making this the ideal place to retreat, discover, and revitalize your spirit. Enjoy swimming in the ecological chlorine-free infinity pool overlooking vast olive groves, relax in the outdoor Jacuzzi whirlpool spa, or let your tensions slip away in the Moorish style spa and steam room.
Savour the delicious healthy organic food, full of authentic Italian flavors prepared with vegetables straight from the gardens. One of the great pleasures of the retreat is the wonderful food. Enjoy the finest traditions of Italian cuisine at the hands of Locanda's talented chef, Jimmy. Organic tomatoes, salad leaves and vegetables from the kitchens garden, olive oil from the olive grove, aromatic herbs from the garden, yogurt, cakes and homemade breads.
- Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Todi, Spoleto and Orvieto... all Umbria's medieval towns are filled with history and treasures. Take the opportunity to visit historic Assisi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; or Perugia, the home of Italian chocolate
- Price does not include flights and transfers. For those wishing to transfer together we will meet at the train station in Rome on October the 4th and take the train together to Perugia and then share taxis to Locanda Del Gallo