Akumal Yoga Holiday
Akumal is a peaceful seaside village where you will enjoy white sandy beaches, blue turquoise water, beautiful palm trees swaying in a tropical breeze and daily yoga classes.
In the afternoon, you might find yourself relaxing by sea or snorkeling with resident sea turtles in Akumal Bay. Venture off the beaten path to explore ancient Mayan ruins. Dive into the cool, refreshing waters of the sacred cenotes in the nearby jungle. Experience the excitement of a jungle zipline!
At the end of the day, enjoy dining at one of the many restaurants offering local Mayan, Mexican and International cuisine, as well as amazing views of the Caribbean. Life is simple in this gem of the Riviera Maya and in no time you’ll leave your cares behind, returning home refreshed and rejuvenated.
Beachfront on the beautiful Caribbean Sea in Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico
The Akumal Yoga Holiday is available year-round
Rates are per person based on two people sharing a room with 2 double beds*:
- from $619 low season
- from $682 high season
- 7 nights hotel accommodation*
- Unlimited yoga classes at Yoga en Akumal studio
- 90-minute private yoga instruction
- 10% off additional yoga studio classes or private instruction
- all hotel taxes
*Other accommodation is available, including 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom condominiums and private villa rentals. Let us know your particular needs and we’ll be happy to check availability and give you a quote.
About Sofía Velázquez Islas
Sofia is a yoga instructor at studio Yoga en Akumal and usually the private yoga instructor for the Akumal Yoga Retreat. She received the privilege of her instruction on Tantra Hatha Yoga by master teacher Michael J. Stewart. She also received training in Paarinama Yoga by Ann Moxey, Anusara master. Sofia has a Child Play Yoga certification by Gurudass Kaur Khalsa, who trained her and gave her the spiritual name "Santa Sofía". Yoga sessions for children or families are also available.
Del Sol Beachfront is a quiet and peaceful beachfront property located on Half Moon Bay in Akumal. Snorkel right from the beach and view sea turtles or lounge in the sun or shade of a palm tree. Head over to the famous La Buena Vida restaurant to enjoy some local cuisine or perhaps treat yourself to a margarita!
- Air Conditioning
- Beachfront patio or balcony with hammock and chairs
- Ceiling fan
- Free Wi-Fi
- Satellite TV with cable channels, HBO and Cinemax
- Private bathroom with shower, sink, toilet
- Daily maid service, linens/towels provided
- Coffee maker (bring your own coffee!)
- In-room safe
- Front desk/concierge open 8am-8pm
- Beach towels provided upon request
- Concierge / Reception open 8am – 8pm daily
- Shady beach area and beach chairs
- Kayaks and bikes for rent
- The Corner Store – snacks, beer, wine, groceries, ice and cold drinks
- La Buena Vida Restaurant and Bar
- Brand new swimming pool!
- Akumal Dive Adventures Dive Shop - PADI certification and Fishing Trips
- Night time patrol
Yoga Holiday Optional Add-Ons
- Alternate accommodation (hotels, condos, private villas)
- Roundtrip airport transportation
- Additional private yoga sessions
- Spa services – massage, pedicure, manicure, facials
- Tours to Mayan ruins
- Catamaran sailing adventure
- Paddleboard excursion
- Meals or beverages
- Travel Insurance
Contact Go Yoga Travel
Phone by appt: 320-428-0090
Skype by appt: GoYogaTravel